Saturday, September 10, 2011

An Introduction:

As a person with a disability, I am curious and excited to see what I will get out of this course, Introduction to Universal Access.  While it may seem as though I would already know a lot about Universal Access as a result of having a disability, I do not think that is necessarily true.  I do know what it's like to have limited mobility, but there are various other disabilities that, although I am aware of them, I am not as knowledgeable about the problems that persons with these various disabilities face.

Through this course, I hope to gain a better understanding of mulitple disabilities and how they effect the persons that have them.  Also, I hope to learn how to take this knowledge and apply it to my works in the Library and Information Sciences field, so as to make libraries accessible for all who use them.

I look forward to a fun semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment